Sunday, 4 November 2012

a gang of ducks...


Just had my lovely neighbour from along the road, come to complain. Apparently one of my ducks has taken to chasing him around his garden while trying to bite him. I was sympathetic and bewildered. What am I supposed to do? Give the duck a time-out? Put it in the naughty chair? It's a DUCK. It's not even a proper duck - it's a flightless one. It can't fly into his garden, it squeezes through the fence. 

Anyway, he's worried that this duck will encourage it's two duck friends to break in and chase him around too. I understand his concerns. We bought these ducks as pets but they developed an attitude, formed a gang and have been terrorising the other animals ever since. I offered to lend my neighbour our dog while we're in Holland. The ducks don't like the dog, but he wasn't thrilled with the idea. I told the man I would deal with the problem.  I suppose I'll now have to add fence fixing to my list of things to do before we go. 

the gang leader

3 comments:

  1. A gang of ducks? This needs to go in your next book. LOL
    kez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog. The tale of the duck is hilarious. I can just see that all happening. I agree with Kerri--it needs to go in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Diane and Kerri. I do have a story about one of my ducks in a book I'm working on. I tried to rescue a stuck duck from our stream. I slipped in mud, got tangled in my chicken wire fence and had to hang upside down until my husband came home from work to rescue me. Turns out the duck wasn't stuck at all, it was just messing with my mind. I swear it was laughing at me...

    ReplyDelete