Saturday, 3 November 2012

The perils of concentrating too hard...

I have a pet sheep. I swing between thinking she's the world's most wonderful animal and wishing she was sausages. Yesterday was a sausage day. After a rare afternoon of peace to work on my new novel, I left my office to get a drink and found a trail of tiny black balls throughout the house. Someone - I hate to say it, but I think it was me - left the back door open and the sheep had wandered through looking for a snack, leaving sheep pellets in her wake. The crazy part is - she had to have passed my open office door at least twice. You have to be pretty wrapped up in your work to miss a full grown sheep as she wanders through your house. Needless to say, the writing is now on hold while I clean the carpet.


No comments:

Post a Comment