Skip to main content

Reader Question: Can you give us any hints about future Benson's Boys books?

Right, Amanda, you asked for it! I just hope the answer makes some sense. :) 

Next up in the Benson Security world is Elle and David. For those who don't know, Elle first met David in book two of the series, when he turned up in Peru to help them out of a sticky situation. As soon as the two of them met, sparks flew and I knew I had to get them both together for longer than a scene of two. In Relentless (book 2), David challenges Elle to find out his real identity, and who he works for, and she's been searching databases with his DNA sample ever since. But she's still no closer to an answer. Now, if you've read Rage, you'll have noticed that not only are things heating up between Elle and the mysterious David, but our Elle has a secret. Something in her past she wants to remain hidden. So, in Elle and David's book, we find out what's in Elle's past and also, we find out who David is and who he’s working for. It should be an explosive read!


 After Elle, I plan to write Rachel's story. Now, for the eagle eyed among you, you might remember a scene back in book 1, Reckless, where the women told off the guys for not having a clue what it was like to be female and vulnerable. During that telling off, Rachel said: “You’ve never been out for an evening and taken a drink someone has tampered with and then lived with the gap in your memory and the possibilities of what might have happened during it.”  Well, in her book the events in that gap in Rachel's memory come back to haunt her. It’s a situation that will melt our ice queen and crack her control. I can’t tell you yet who she’s going to be paired with, I need to work some things out first. But you can bet it’s someone strong enough to deal with the woman! 

  
On top of that, we have a couple of new team members showing up in the next book. As you know, Benson Security has been recruiting for quite some time, in order to keep up with the demand for their services. One of these new team members is Violet Lee, a Scottish woman of Chinese parentage, who was kicked out of the police force for being too aggressive. In fact, in Glasgow where she worked, rumor was that if someone died suddenly and suspiciously during an investigation, they were said to have died Violently-Lee. I already love Violet. She's just over five foot tall, has a chip on her shoulder bigger than she is and can take a man twice her size to the floor without breaking a sweat. What’s not to love?



I haven't figured out Ryan's book yet as I'm still waiting for him to mature, or for a situation to arise that makes him mature. And for those of you who were wondering, Jack Sinclair, Isobel's son from Rage, definitely follows in his new step-father Callum's footsteps – his future holds a career in the army and a job with Benson Security.

I hope this gives you an idea of what's coming with Benson's Boys. Let me know if you have a specific question about a character or plot and I'll do my best to answer it. In the meantime, happy reading! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reader Question: How do you develop your character pairings?

Hello! I asked you lot on my Facebook page what you'd like me to blog about and there were some great suggestions and quite a few questions. I'm going to try to answer one of you questions each week, until I run out! And first up is Deb, who asks:
How do you develop character pairings?
I'm taking this to mean, how do I know who will suit whom. And the answer is that I spend a whole lot of time thinking about it! When I start with a character I've already established, say in an earlier book in the series, I already know this person inside out. I know where their failings are and what they hunger for most out of life. From there, I try to think about the type of person that would fill those empty spaces for the character, while still challenging them to become a better person. A sense of belonging for all my characters is really important to me. I think, too often, as people we feel like we don't fit. I know, in my life, I've spent a lot of time feeling as though…

Throwback Thursday: seven things I never imagined saying...

Hi there! I wrote this post a couple of years ago and it still makes me laugh.
Ah, the memories... enjoy!
Yesterday, I was in the middle of telling my nine year old to get down from the top of the hedge and bring the dog with her, when I thought - this is one of those things I never imagined having to say. Which in turn reminded me of all the other sentences I never imagined saying over the years. Which led to this list! Seven things I never imagined saying:

1.  "What do you mean we crashed into an elephant? Said right after the driver of my motorized rickshaw rear-ended an elephant on the motorway outside of Delhi. My driver then ranted for half an hour about how stupid it was for elephants to be on the highway without lights!


2. "I don't need to be strip searched, the only weapons I have are the spears." This was followed closely by the line: "What the heck kind of weapon do you think I'm hiding up there?!"  I was deemed a high-jack risk on a South Ame…